As spring break approaches, we want you to take some time to focus on your college visits. In our sessions this month we will be going over, “Top Ten Ways to Test Drive a College,” originally published by IECA and a list of questions we put together that goes beyond asking things you can find on any college website.
Sample Questions for Tour Guides:
– Why did you decide to come to this school?
– What have you been most surprised about in your time here?
– How do students interact with faculty- inside and outside the classroom?
– Do students tend to stay on campus or get involved in activities in the surrounding area?
Sample questions for Admissions Officers:
– What impresses you the most in a student’s application?
– Is demonstrated interest a factor in your admissions decisions?
– What changes do you see taking place on campus in the next five years?
– Are the admission standards higher for certain majors? (more…)